· Works on communication sites for the purpose of installing, replacing, repairing antenna systems, RRU’s, steel structures and any other equipment.
· Takes charge and control of the site. directs all other personnel and activities on the site.
· Prep and load tools and equipment that will be needed to complete daily tasks.
· Completes daily Job Safety Analysis and ensures anyone entering job site reads and signs.
· Maintain knowledge with the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
· Recognizes safety hazards and analyzes situations and adopts an appropriate course of action and communicates orally to everyone on the site.
· Maintains a clean site and working environment.
· Proficient with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping & antenna equipment, RF Awareness, replacement, and maintenance i.e., Coax, jumpers, TMA’s connectors & weatherproofing.
· The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
· Knowledge of custom tower rigging techniques.
· Performs tape drops.
· Proficient with topside testing procedures (sweeps, PIM, fiber testing etc.)
· Performs GPS antenna alignment.
· Proficient with installation of antennas, RRH’s, ground kits, RET systems.
· Troubleshoots RET systems
· Runs required lines to top of the tower; grounds coax lines and builds different sizes and types of connectors.
· Stacks tower steel and installs of sector mounts.
· Basic knowledge of microwave dish and radio installations and path alignment
· Ability to train lower-level tower techs.
· Ability to complete closeout packages according to field requirements.
· Act as first responder if an emergency happens. Make necessary notifications (dial 911 etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.