Website Butler Telecom
Telecom Installation & Repair Technicians (COPPER)
Employment Type: Full-Time or 1099
Butler Telecom is actively seeking Telecom Installation & Repair Technicians with Copper or FIOS experience. We have open positions available nationwide. Contact us for a list of available locations. These are long term projects with our client who supports national project work with a well know ILEC. These are W2/1099 or CTC projects. All applicable candidates must have own truck, Van or SUV, tools, and phone/laptop. Benefits Offered, 401K, Dental, Medical and Vision for W2 employees.
· Installation and repair service to customers’ homes or businesses. With Knowledge of POTS and HSI service needs with customer service capabilities able to make recommendations as appropriate. Educate customer on the use of all equipment associated with the services.
· Sets up, reads, and interprets test equipment, measuring devices and meters. Analyzes and clears trouble in telephone equipment and HSI Modems and associated lines.
· Analyzes customer trouble report information. Troubleshoots and repairs network facility equipment, including copper pairs, electronic and digital pair gain systems and DSL broadband network equipment. Scope of troubleshooting and repair is from the Central Office/MDF to the customer premise. (NID/SNI) Will require entering customers home to troubleshoot/install CPE equipment.
· Installs lines for data and other forms of communications, e.g., CAT 3, CAT 5, and Wi-Fi equipment, such as modems and routers.
· Installs, rearranges, reconnects, disconnects, and removes POTS and ADSL services, wiring (Copper Drops twisted pair, CAT 5e, and CAT 6)
· Operates vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
· Physical Requirements:
· Ability to work in confined areas.
· Ability to climb poles/ladders safely.
· Ability to lift, carry, set-up, and take down ladders up to 70LBS.
· Must have Android Cellular phone or Android device to be able to close tickets.
· Vehicle must accommodate, 28’ and 6’ ladders.
· At least 2 or more 28’’ traffic cones with reflective collars/
· Must have a valid DL
· Must successfully complete a criminal and drug background check.
· Must have own truck, Van or SUV and tools.
Must have open minded consideration of customer concerns with regards to policy and procedures around COVID-19. Current state and local policies as well as adhering to customer wishes. All Technicians must wear facial cover masks prior to entering customers sites.