Leasing managers are responsible for managing and coordinating telecommunications site acquisition and leasing activities for multiple telecom sites on behalf of our wireless telecommunication clients. Completes detailed site candidate identification packages on viable locations, negotiate leases and coordinate with property owners during the lease negotiation process to obtain agreements to install/modify/add telecommunications equipment and services. Prepares lease packages, as well as completes site audits. Must possess strong communication skills to relay technical and legal information to pertinent parties.
Essential Job Functions
· Determine client’s real estate requirements
· Research and locate real estate to meet client’s needs.
· Negotiate real estate contracts and resolve minor contract issues.
· Conduct on-line property rights research and analysis.
· Interpret real property terminology.
· Order title reports upon candidate direction.
· Prepare candidate proposals for client review including site candidate information packages, windshield summaries, etc.
· Audit existing leases on the property to determine necessary processes for site modifications or additions or new construction.
· Team player to coordinate and work with other disciplines (internally and externally) and taking the lead when required (For example: coordinating LL lockdowns, leading site walks, plan review, etc.)
· Staying on top of all aspects of the site acq process (including design changes, required documents, vendor coordination).
· Identify and Cure Title issues.
· Able to provide site updates to management upon request.
· Preparation/Completion of all close out documents for lease package.
· Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with vendors, clients, LL, PMs and 3rd parties.
· Creative problem solving
· Maintain a personal site tracker with real-time status updates on Excel.
· Update real-time internal and external data bases
· Attend client meetings or deployment calls as required
· Must be able to climb ladders, getting on rooftops, closely evaluating antennas and equipment.
· Must be able to read, review, interpret and redline surveys, zoning and construction drawings.
· Attend client meetings, HOA meetings or deployment calls as required
· Present project and lease to HOAs, city councils, water districts and other boards as needed, often outside standard business hours, as needed.
· Review existing approvals on the property to determine necessary restrictions or process reviews required by the jurisdiction.
· Work with 3rd party vendors ordering such items as radius maps, noise studies, propagation maps, photosims, EME studies, bio or archeology studies, etc.
· Work closely with Zoning Manager counterpart, Project Manager, RF, Construction and A&E to provide planning expertise and communicate all design changes with all parties throughout all aspects of project.
· Analyze surrounding built environment, vegetation and topography to further determine site design.
· Represent clients by negotiating in client’s best interest with jurisdiction
· Understand and be cognizant of client’s construction cots when designing sites
· Constant follow up with landlords via phone, email and in person in order to provide real time site updates, accurate forecasting and communication of site delays..
· Responsible for preparing any necessary documents for signature after planning approval
· Thoroughly review and address comment letter quickly upon receiving, negotiate as necessary and driving the project to completion as quickly as possible.
· Obtain landlord approval on draft COAs prior to zoning hearing.
· After zoning hearing, obtain client signature on COAs and complete required city processes (ie recordation) and final sign off.
· Provide back-up to your zoning counter-part
· Required to work in the office when not in the field.
· Travel as required.
· Flexibility to work on multiple project and/or with multiple clients simultaneously.
· A 4-year degree or equivalent experience
· Must obtain and maintain a valid California R.E. Salesperson License within 90-days of employment.
· Customer service skills and/or sales skills and strong interpersonal skills
· Three years real property and /or related real estate experience.
· Knowledge and experience of real estate principals, rules and regulations and contracts pertaining to the acquisition of right-of-ways, licenses, permits and other land rights.
· Previous experience is preferred as well, and industry and leadership certifications may be beneficial.
· Must understand architectural plans and be able to thoroughly review and redline.
· Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
· Team player
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Able to keep up with changing priorities
· Ability to provide quality audits for project and site specific documentation
· Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, architecture drawings, redevelopment plans, specific plans, etc.
· Must work well with colleagues in a team setting, as well as on their own with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work independently, in a team environment and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Able to keep up with changing priorities
· Highly organized individuals that pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to operate hand tools, i.e. Global Positioning System (GPS), etc.
· Must be able to drive long distances and sit in an automobile for long periods of time
· Effective/professional verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
· Able to perform duties within tight time constraints and handle large volume of work
· Reliable transportation is required and employees must maintain a valid driver’s license. Employees are reimbursed according to applicable IRS regulations when using their personal vehicle on job related assignments.
· Must have and maintain a current driver’s license and have a clear driving record
· Ability to lift twenty-five (25) pounds
· Wireless Industry or commercial real estate development or related organization preferred