Butler America LLC
OSP Field Engineer
The OSP engineer will perform all aspects of OSP engineering including but not limited to engineering of line extensions for service order activity, pole replacements, ethernet order (FTTB), facility installations and facility relocations. The OSP engineer’s duties include OSP staking, work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics and acquiring permits and private right-of-way. The OSP engineer shall be familiar with OSP design and planning, construction, and have the ability to perform cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner of the placement of communication facilities.
The OSP engineer needs to have the aptitude to learn and become proficient in a mapping or land base system(s) identified by the local client representative. The OSP engineer must have a working knowledge of RUS (Rural Utility Service) units and their application. The OSP engineer will also need to be proficient in Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office programs.
· Experienced with Lumen systems including FW, BM, NDS, WFMT, GLM, MARTENS
· Familiar with permitting for county, state and city level jobs.
· Be experienced with Metro ethernet orders, relocation jobs, service orders, remote site builds and more and able to own a job from assignment to completion.
· Ability to identify existing telephone plant, electric and other utilities on the site plan as well as in the field
· Ability to indicate existing telephone plant locations and relocate facilities as needed
· Knowledge of obtaining right-of-way’s and easements where required
· Must have a functional knowledge of COE/OSP principles, work order procedures, telephone industry standards and PC applications
· Must be self-motivated and managed, a self-starter and accountable to aggressive timelines and deliverables
· Be proactive in communication with clients through email and phone, be responsive and timely.
Must be willing to travel and support OSP engineering work assignments in Western WI. Physical site surveys will be required.
Pay will be discussed at time of interview.