Butler America LLC
As a Tower Foreman, you will be responsible for a full range of installation, repair and maintenance services on clients’ cellular towers and rooftop structures including but not limited to:
Climbs and works on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems, RRU’s, steel structures and any other equipment. Does not require close supervision.
The position will be in our PNW Market. Frequent travel as well as driving company owned vehicles may be required. As a part of our team, you must be dependable as well as motivated with strong installation, repair and maintenance skills related to this specific industry. MUST BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE OUT OF TOWN TRAVEL when necessary.
Pay Rate: $35 – $38
Specific qualifications & requirements include:
Minimum 1-3 years of tower of telecom tower climbing experience
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
· OSHA 10, CPR/First Aid and RF Awareness certificate
· NWSA Certification Preferred
· Must be COMTRAIN or equivalent climb certified.
· PIM, SWEEP, FIBER certified or willing to get.
· Aerial lift Certified
· Computer Literacy with specific experience with MS Excel, Word & Outlook.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to lift 70 lbs.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment, leading all activities on tower and ground
· Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment & electro-mechanical equipment
· Experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping & antenna equipment, RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. Coax, jumpers, TMA’s connectors & weatherproofing.
· Highly organized with the ability to effectively provide verbal and written reports to upper management
· Completes required daily Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA’s).
· Knowledgeable with the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
· The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
· Analyzes situations accurately and adopts an appropriate course of action.
· Communicates orally and in writing.
· Follows instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
· Recognizes safety hazards and performs duties in a safe, efficient manner. Safety is a top Priority at Butler and we take our safety record seriously
· Maintains clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
· Knowledge of custom tower rigging techniques
· Performs tape drops
· Proficient with topside testing procedures (sweeps, PIM, fiber testing etc.)
· Performs GPS antenna alignment installation
· Proficient with installation of antennas, RRH’s, ground kits, RET systems
· Troubleshoots RET systems
· Runs required lines to top of the tower; grounds coax lines and builds different sizes and types of connectors.
· Stacks tower steel and installs of sector mounts
· Basic knowledge of microwave dish and radio installations and path alignment
· Ability to train lower-level tower techs.
· Ability to complete closeout packages according to field requirements
· Other duties as assigned.