Butler America LLC
Butler Telecom are seeking an OCALC Engineer to perform Pole Loading analysis utilizing OCALC software to ensure that new or existing utility pole attachments requested by our clients meet applicable standards and codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Pole Loading analysis of existing and proposed pole configuration utilizing OCALC pole loading software.
- Reading and understanding the Make Ready Engineering worksheet and review photos provided by Field Engineer for accuracy of field conditions and attachments prior to pole loading using IKE Office.
- Overhead utility recognition experience is a plus.
- Interface with Field Engineer, Project Managers, JPA Department and outside utilities to resolve conflicts or analysis results.
- Pull Utility Research, review utility records to verify Field Data Collection for discrepancies and verification of conductor sizes.
- Track time spent on projects and report on progress of projects to meet / exceed production goals.
- Basic understanding of databases and entering data utilizing OCALC pole loading software.
- Failed Pole remediation, which may include:
Pole strength applications
- Perform Pole Loading calculations utilizing OCALC software.
- Familiar with creating and editing KMZ files.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel experience
- Review Make Ready worksheets and photos provided by Field Engineers.
- Ability to communicate / follow up with clients or other firms on any outstanding issues.
- Ability to communicate, assist or follow up as needed.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness. Working closely with others.
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Pay will be unit based per pole. Some hourly time as needed if assigned by the project manager.