Butler America LLC
Butler America Telecom is actively seeking for ISP Engineering Planners to join our team remotely, ASAP!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and place Lumen ISP solutions in FTTx designs, updating all relevant systems to support subsequent implementation efforts.
- Central Office Engineering duties will include developing, managing, and issuing detailed engineered work orders while complying with departmental budgets in support of Engineering Fiber and Digital Transmission Equipment in the Central Office for T1, DS3, Ethernet, SONET, VDSL, Collocations, Customer Premise, Cell Sites Carriers, and Remote Cabinet Locations.
- Conduct calls and conferences with external customer(s) sites, cell site carriers, and developing detailed work orders to support the installation of Distribution Points, Hub and Port Fibering, Ethernet and other copper cabling, power, etc. while maintaining the project’s budget constraints and meeting milestone dates.
- Ensure current procedures and tests are performed in accordance with customer policy and procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance of records is performed as required by the client.
- Ensure adherence to company policies (internal and external).
- Actively and consistently support the Pearce Engineering team’s efforts to produce exceptional results; with the goal to simplify and enhance the customer experience compared to other service providers.
- Implement structured and disciplined operational practices to ensure consistent product delivery aligned with end-user initiatives and expectations.
- Review field data for quality and compliance with specifications, standards, practices, and guidelines
- Work closely with other team members to manage client expectations
- Provide timely design and cost estimates for all assigned tasks
- Complete assigned tasks in a reliable, timely manner and perform other related duties, as requested.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-3 years equivalent work experience in ISP engineering
- 2 or more years directly related to ISP/OSP Design work experience
- Knowledge of ISP activities (address validation, E911 creating purchase requests, CDFS, CAF II experience a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in Lumen systems; i.e. OSP-FM, Martens, TIRKS, NDS CATT, COEFM, and WFMT.
- Lumen (especially Legacy Q) experience is desired. Lumen LC and LE, and experience with other providers are a plus.
- Engineering and knowledge of Fiber Optic Transmission Equipment, Power Schemes, Fiber Schemes, Port Assignments, Ethernet Devices, Collocations, Customer Premise, Cell Sites Carriers, and Remote Cabinet Locations.
- Strong telecommunications background including knowledge of network infrastructure, and Ciena equipment and applications design (primarily). Calix and ADTRAN hardware designs are a plus.
- High School Diploma and or equivalent work experience
- Analytical and detail-oriented,
- Must be able to show a historical progression of ISP engineering of new systems/products
- This role may need to collaborate with our customers, and evidence of strong excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- This role will work independently as part of a team that is each developing a piece of our deliverable; this role must be able to produce results, with only cursory direction.
- Able to work reliably and dependably in a remote environment