Butler America LLC
Minimum 1 year previous fiber installation experience. Must have vehicle capable of carrying a 28′ ladder, required hand tools and 28′ fiberglass ladder, ability to pass background check and drug screen, clean driving record, strong communication skills, comfortable working at heights exceeding 20′.
Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments during all times of the year. Ability to climb ladders, enter attics and crawl spaces. Ability to lift and operate necessary materials, tools, and equipment. Must work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Butler America Telecom has openings for FIOS/Fiber (GPON) technicians in California for a 3 Year Project.
FIOS/Fiber Technicians are engaged with performing installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of high-speed internet.
• Perform Fiber installations.
• Observe all safety rules and regulations.
• Assist other technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
• Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to our
• Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
• Direct customer facing work and sales referrals.
• Efficiently install fiber equipment including ONT’s, routers, phone installations, and provisioning in private residence and commercial
• Communicate with homeowners prior and during installation.
• Troubleshooting as needed to ensure equipment works to industry standards.
• Effectively and accurately record daily production on job site maps with management.
• Acquire necessary materials and inventory from warehouse for each job site.
• Installation may include running or reusing COAX or CAT 5 wiring.
• Installation may consist of utilizing MOCA or Wi-Fi technology.
• Installation of aerial drop.
• Installation of internet hubs and routers.
• Knowledge of working with fiber.
• Connecting fiber optic jumpers and drops (aerial, buried, and plenum).
• Ladder safety.
• May require running of temporary fiber drop but so as not to cause a safety hazard to the public, e.g., over roads, sidewalks, or driveways.
• OSHA safety requirements.
• When required, placing wires between walls.
• Technician must have their own truck, van or SUV with ladder rack.
• Technician must have their own tools to perform the job as well as an Android smart phone.
• Technician must have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the position hard hat, reflective safety vest, fall resistor, and safety
cones. Other equipment may be required by local management.
• Must follow all Butler Telecom policies and procedures.
• Must work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, weekends, and holidays.
WE OFFER 401K, MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION BENEFITS to all W2 employees!